Design Thinking at Work
A Crash Course in Creative Problem Solving
This workshop lays the foundation for a creative approach to productivity inspired by Design Thinking, a problem-solving technique originating from the Stanford Design School and used by some of the most innovative companies and organizations in the world.
Participants work in pairs to apply Design Thinking techniques to a specific productivity challenge for themselves, their team, or their organization. Using the tools of a designer - paper sketches, user interviews, and prototyping materials - we lead participants through the 5 stages of the design thinking process in hands-on bursts of activity.
We conclude the workshop with a group debrief in which we present and give feedback on our prototypes, summarize key learnings from the experience, and discuss other practical applications.
Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
"Tiago is a masterful teacher with the rare ability to bring clarity to complex, abstract topics. His classes are fun, fresh and full of practical examples drawing from both personal experience and extensive research."
— Joel Goyette, BetterDoctor
"Tiago has a wonderful rapport with people, especially young entrepreneurs and highly skilled professionals. His ability to connect with his students and his talent at teaching simple concepts, as well as more advanced topics, are both truly superior."
— Isabel Saenz-Conz, M Squared Consulting
"Tiago found the perfect alchemy to introduce design thinking to us. It was very inspiring and dynamic."
— Clemence Coursimault, BNP Paribas
"A not-to-miss experience! This quick-paced and hands-on class allows us to learn a lot about design thinking while having a lot of fun! Tiago is a great teacher and was very helpful explaining the different steps so we can get the most out of it. I am really convinced by the power of this method."
— Elisabeth Mouchy, La Poste
Objective: Participants understand the Design Thinking approach to creative problem solving, and learn how to apply the technique to solving productivity challenges.
Key learning points
- Overview of 5 stages of a Design Thinking cycle
- Background and real-world examples of Design Thinking applied to business problems
- Using design techniques to rapidly prototype and test potential solutions to productivity challenges
- Hands-on pair prototyping activity to demonstrate each principle
- 90-180 min. hands-on workshop, with a short break for longer sessions
- More time allows for additional background, examples, and discussion
- Participant packet with full-color slides for note taking, in hard copy
- Other worksheets and materials for interactive sessions will be provided as needed
Pricing: Please email us at email@example.com for a customized quote